Wednesday, July 24, 2013

So Why Start a Blog?



“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.”
                                                                                                      – Don’t know who said that.

A lot of times, I can be a real mess.  A friend and a co-officer back then in college once told me that in able for me to be more systematic, I should put it all into writing. So she showed me how to make a to-do list... But a stubborn me didn't follow the instructions so I ended up being reprimanded at times. (Not telling you what happened! All in the past now and I did learn a valuable lesson........ Really!!)
Once I also considered starting a journal/planner. But it really just came to me because Starbucks then had a very interesting and professional looking planner, with a stringed-coffee bean as a marker, free if you purchase a certain number of their coffee (LOL!!). And I did got one (after a lot of java chip frappes). And I really did wrote something on it... (This planner belongs to Bren DJ. Adofina). 

I am not a fan of blogs... I may have read some once in a while but only because the topic is being talked about (news, entertainment, trending, etc..) or I needed to do research for my work.  I normally use the internet for gaming, facebook, twitter (lately), e-mails, manga, and anime. I found blogs boring... up until I discovered my interest in Photoshop. I learned that there are blogs that posts free tutorials that’ll help you improve your skills of the software. Some even give away freebies. And so I started bookmarking my favorite tutorial blogs.

By looking at those tutorials, I also discovered other genre of blogs that got my attention. I discovered some really interesting bloggers that share their travels through pictures. I found really neat DIY stuffs mostly handicrafts, origamis, home improvements, wall decors.  Motivational essays and stories, a lot. I'll share them through this blog later on.

So now I'm blogging? Personally, I know my limitations when it comes to the English language.(Thank you Spell & Grammar check, F7). But somewhere in my brain, there's an excited cell about this blog. I am a very forgetful person. But I'm also a creative one. I do procrastinate a lot but when Ideas starts to rain down, it really pours. Today I realized, I needed to do something different. Different in a sense that it would help me deviate from acquiring bad habits. Maybe, what I really want is to not just visualize, but to actually see my own ideas. And if by having this blog means that I will be able to openly share my mind's contents. Then it is good enough for me to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give your thoughts about the post! Thanks!