Friday, March 16, 2012

A CHOICE TO BEGIN ANEW

Invitation from my sponsor. (a day before the flight)

...this post traces back to my Facebook note. Click here to read the note.

March 10, 2012
11:45 PM
Aboard Philippine Airlines flight PR505 to Singapore

I never thought I’d be boarding a plane ever in my life. But then here I am, beside me are 2 empty chairs, people sleeping, and I am in my corner writing about this wonderful experience...

I have so many things in my bucket list. To top my Ultimate-Most-Insanely-Unreal-Dream Category is to have the power to fly, for me to touch the clouds and go to places I’ve always wanted to go. I dreamt of flying over cities and mountains and oceans with my arms outstretched and my eyes closed while the wind is blowing on my face.


instead, I’m here sitting on a comfortable chair, lights on me, air-conditioned, with free meal (fish, rice, fresh salad, tiramisu and apple juice), a movie (Tower Heist), and just pure relaxation. Looking outside, I saw the clouds I longed to hold. In the darkness of the night, I can faintly make out the ripples of the ocean. I think the closest I had of flying was whenever I’m in an "ordinary" bus (Unaiconditioned Bus) home the windows open-up and the cold wind rages in. The second most-closest is the Stop‘nShop-Cubao Jeepney. (Others might have experienced worst as the vehicle zigzags through a straight boulevard. urgh!). This plane ride might have been a different approach, but still, I’m living my dream and it is really a happy happy moment (heart beating fast, smile across the face).

I am a pessimist by nature. For so long I have confined me in my own room, afraid of what there might be outside the window. Before I could move a muscle, negativity sets in, that I might fall if I try. Fear of failure took most of my esteem. It seems that the future had been blurred-out and so I stayed in the safe zone.

Fear and doubt shall always be there, it’s a sign of humility (I think)... but we should also aspire, and hope, and dream, and pray that we be blessed of the strength & wisdom to make them come true. Now I think I can become more of who I am and more of what I can do. Maybe what I was trying to say is that flying for me is freedom. I thought of it as a liberating experience. From the moment the plane lifted... I know... I am free.

 After sleeping for hours... (already at Singapore)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give your thoughts about the post! Thanks!